Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Funnel of Fear
By Lynda Schab


The only thing worse than being cooped up in a mini van with my family for three days was knowing that I would soon be trapped in a three bedroom bungalow with my cousins, who were a bunch of Bible-thumping Jesus freaks. In the meantime, if my mom and sister sang, "Open the Eyes of my Heart, Lord," one more time, I swore I would open my door and fling myself out onto the highway.

I thought about the joint in my suitcase and craved a hit. I fidgeted with my MP3 player and wished I could crank up some Black Sabbath tunes. But the battery was dead and daddy dearest refused to stop and buy more.

I wished I were dead about now.

Submitted by
Lynda Schab

No comments: