Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Entry: Swept off My Feet

Swept off my Feet
By Lynda Schab


I sit at the counter after a hard day at the office and flip the pages of my latest Christian Woman magazine. But I'm not really reading. In fact, at the moment, I am thinking thoughts that might not even be considered, “Christian.” At least, not to the single woman. But I’m married so the fantasies floating around in my brain have been pre-approved by God.

Whew!

I try skimming an article but totally can’t concentrate. My husband is such a distraction. Even after eighteen years, he can still make my heart go, “pitter-patter.” The weird thing is that this sudden urge to jump his bones pops up at the strangest times.

Like now.

Submitted by
Lynda Schab

No comments: