Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Entry: Your Choice May 28 - June 1



I took this photo at the "Here's Looking at You, Kid" 5K run organized by my daughter's school club, Teen Institute. This runner knew he was not the winner, but look at him! He is straining for the finish line with every ounce of determination he could muster. You can see that no one was really watching him, yet he gave his best effort. I feel like that sometimes, that no one notices what I do for the Lord. What I need to remember is Philippians 3:14: I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Then I can say as the apostle Paul did in II Timothy 4:7:

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

Submitted by
Stephanie Reed

No comments: