Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Monday, May 14, 2007

Entry: Birthday Memories May 14-18



We recently purchased a house on the river and I invited my special friends (our pastor and his family, and another couple that is like another set of grandparents to me). The theme was A Look Back, as I focused on my childhood memories. The main theme was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I made the cake and had decorations all centered around the theme.

The day was very special to me, not only because I turned 25, but because I got to spend it with some of my best friends and show that it doesn't matter how old you get, you can still let the kid in you come out! We grilled out, had a huge waterballoon fight, went out in the canoe, and enjoyed a great time swimming in the river and fishing for clams! This series of photos was while my friend was running and jumping off of the pier into an innertube. I thought this was a very unique set of pictures, and was pleased they turned out as well as they did, since it was already dark outside. I can honestly say it was one of the greatest birthdays I've ever had!

Submitted by
Rachel Winslett

1 comment:

Amy B said...

What a fun party, Rachel. That was great!