Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Monday, August 24, 2009

Writing Prompt #11: It's all in the Touch

Last week, we started a prompt series on the senses, because sensory details add depth to your story.

This week, let's explore the sense of TOUCH. I'm one of those people who buy clothes because of the way the FEEL. If I touch a garment and it doesn't feel good to me, I won't even bother to try it on. If I'm exploring, I like to touch things (I'll have to ask my mom if she had to tell me not to touch) to learn about them. By touching something, I feel I know it a bit more than I did before I touched it. Textures, temperatures, shapes, sizes, even reaction to your touch.

Write a scene incorporating the sense of TOUCH.



post signature

No comments: