Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Friday, October 31, 2008

Fun Friday!

I normally don't do these kinds of posts, but I needed a little break, so I decided to play. This is one of those "Get to Know Me" tag games, and I was tagged by Nicole over at Nicole's Writing Space. (If you haven't visited her, go check out her site - she's doing NaNoWriMo, and has some great tips for partipants, and lots of other tips for writers too!)

First, these are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.

4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Seven Facts About Tracy:

1) I love - LOVE - to fly fish, and learned to use a flyrod by the time I was 5 years old. But I've never fished for trout - I've fished only in lakes in the South. (Bream are my absolute favorite fish - to catch and to eat.)

2) I signed my first book contract this week! Yaay! It's a travel book and will release next year.

3) I hate the winter time change. I wish it could stay the summer time change all year round. I've even written my Congressmen asking them to make it law - many times!

4) Critters seem to like me - beautiful, funky-looking squirrels in my yard entertain me daily, lizards like to come inside and visit, and even an armadillo stopped by for awhile this summer (thankfully he stayed outside.)

5) I think ocean water - real ocean water, not the fake stuff or the Sonic soft drink - is healing to our bodies, and I can never visit the ocean enough to satisfy!

6) I don't currently own a car. But we're thinking about getting me one. Maybe. (They're just too expensive.)

7) My two sons had a difficult upbringing, and I'm partially to blame. It's taken me years to use that word "partially" instead of "totally" but I eventually got there. Now my sons have reached adulthood and they are making smart, good choices for themselves, and for their lives and I am so incredibly proud and grateful to God for getting us all to this point. I'm also thankful to be friends with them - that's a rare gift, and I definitely don't take it for granted.

Now comes the fun part - tagging 7 more people!

Debra Ullrick - Christian Romance Writer

Rosebug Hive 40

Joy in the Mornings

Cheryl W - Life with Cheryl - Roll Tide, Woman, Roll Tide!

Roderick - Christian Life & Lessons

Christianity with Tracey

Christian Parenting

post signature


No comments: