Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Places Photographs Take Me

BY SUZANNE WILLIAMS

As I scanned through a selection of photographs tonight, they transported me to some wonderful places. I traveled to the rolling hills of Pennsylvania, with covered bridges and old-fashioned horse carts. I flew in a patriotic-themed hot air balloon as it sailed over a farmer's fields. I walked amongst waving golden grains, a silo in the distance. I meandered through a lush tropical garden and admired the awesome power of a Hawaiian waterfall. The golden leaves of autumn fell onto a mountain stream and sailed silently down river. These photographs have inspired my imagination.

Early Morning Fog on the Maple Tree

Early Morning Fog on the Maple Tree


I find myself imbued to take up photography yet again by these works of other people. I may never travel as far and wide as some, but it's through their efforts that I can see a glimpse of all these places. That's how nature photography all began really. You had a man who was willing to hike to distant places and preserve their essence for all those who'd never go there. And he took it seriously, taking the time to combine all the elements that'd make his viewers' experience just that more magical.

Just think...what if I take a photograph of something so seemingly ordinary around me, but it gives someone else the lift that these images just gave me? Then it is all worth while, all my efforts. What if I take a photograph of some rare species that's never been photographed before? You never know! It's been done.

Toad Flax

Toad Flax


Our world is ever changing. Our lives move and shift, and the things around us move and shift as well. It is my goal to preserve this little piece of what is around me for someone else in the future. You just never know who might see it, and what that photograph might motivate them to do.

Tree Shapes, Circle B Reserve

Tree Shapes

---------------------------------------------

post signature

Suzanne Williams Photography
For More of My Writings
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this one. I love the moss hanging from the trees.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Christina!