Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Friday, November 14, 2008

Entry #3: God Raised Her Up!

When Love Fails
by Samantha Rowlison


One of the most difficult things I’ve been going through in life is my relationship with my parents. We do not see eye to eye on a lot of things. I feel like they’ve always blamed me for our problematic relationship.

2007 was really heard I can remember them and I up late arguing and I would just say anything so I could escape. Don’t get me wrong I know my parents love me, but at times I feel like love fails with them.

In September of that year I had one of the hardest times in my life. I had to leave my church of 6 years, because of broken trust and a shattered relationship. I had to leave behind the only person I trusted at the time, my pastor, Pastor Chris. I felt like love had failed again.

But in October God brought me to Trinity Wesleyan’s Youth Group. I fell in love with it immediately. And through it God began to speak to me (and in many other ways too) he began to draw me in. And though I’d fight him he never gave (or gives) up on me. Through it all He’s taught me that when love fails…and it will, there is one love I can always come back to. This love satisfies the heart and will never fail, my heavenly daddy’s love. Because His love is for eternity.



No comments: