Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Monday, September 15, 2008

We have WINNERS!

Special guest judge Mary Connealy struggled with choosing just one winner for the Western Hook contest this week, saying:

I can see the germ of a solid story in each of these, which is what an opening sentence is for, to let you know what's coming and hopefully do it in a way that hooks you in.I read them all a half dozen times trying to pick the best one and finally decided...even now I'm waffling and just changed my mind again.I'll pick #3...BUT, I also noticed they were by two people, each with two entries, so I'll send each a book.


So, congratulations to Stephanie Craig and Jean Kinsey!

Stephanie Craig is a freelance writer and mother of two toddler boys from Michigan. She recently rediscovered her passion for writing and is excited about all the possibilities ahead of her.

Jean Kinsey is a widow with six grandkids. She's had several short fictions and creative non-fictions published in periodicals. Her fourth Chicken Soup story will be out in December 08, and a story in Cup of Comfort will be published early in 09. She has just finished an inspiratioal historical novel and is looking for a publisher.

A very special thank you to Mary Connealy for joining us this week. If you ever want a great read - pick up one of her books. I promise you will not be disappointed!!

No comments: