Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Monday, June 15, 2009

Something New - Writing and Photo Prompts

We're starting something new this week here at Pix-N-Pens - for writers and photographers.

Each Monday, I'll post two writing prompts. One here at Pix-N-Pens, and one over at Christian Writing Examiner. With the writing prompts, apply them to one fiction and one nonfiction project - of any length. Based on the prompt, you could write a poem or a novel, a blog post or a nonfiction book. Don't share the words you write based on the prompt, but feel free to share your experience - was the prompt helpful? Did you write an article from it? Or get through a difficult scene of your WIP? Or was the prompt not helpful at all? Post your comments about the writing prompts in the comment section for that prompt.

If you end up submitting your creation for publication - share your successes with us!

On Tuesdays, I'll post a photography assignment here at Pix-N-Pens. During the week, try to photograph the assignment, and then look through your photos and pick ONE that you think represents the assignment best, and post it over at our special Pix-N-Pens group folder at Photobucket. I set up the group so that readers of Pix-N-Pens can view it, but not anyone else and no one can copy your work when you post it. You'll need the password - inspired - to login.

The purpose of these prompts and assignments is to help us CREATE. I'll be using the prompts and participating in the assignments myself - as a way to spur my creativity, and pull me out of any ruts I might be in during any given week. I hope you'll join me.

Today's Prompt:

It's August 10, 2035. What does your schedule look like for the day?

And remember, I post a second prompt each week over at CWE, too.



post signature

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I enjoyed reading your blog tonight....

Had some time to do some blog hopping...

always enjoy finding new blogs!
Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.