Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Monday, December 22, 2008

Tracy's Favorite Books 2008

I started compiling my list a few weeks ago for my favorite books of the year. I'm still not sure I got them all - and I cheated - I couldn't stop at just 10!

My choices may seem a bit odd or eclectic - but that's me. Books making it on my list may or may not be the "very best" according to the publishing industry or by literary standards, but they ARE my favorites - because most of all they entertained me (my most important criteria for fiction) or educated me, stuck with me, and perhaps even changed me or stirred me to want to change. I'm sure I've forgotten one - but right now I can't figure out which one!

Tracy's Favorite Books 2008

(read in 2008, not necessarily published in 2008; listed in no particular order)

FICTION:

Embrace Me by Lisa Samson
Wind River by Tom Morrisey
Trouble the Water by Nicole Seitz
Healing Stones by Nancy Rue and Stephen Arterburn
Stuck in the Middle by Virginia Smith
A Taste of Murder by Virginia Smith
Adam by Ted Dekker
The Husband by Dean Koontz
Angel by Alton Gansky
That’s Not Exactly Amore by Tracey Bateman
A Beautiful Fall by Chris Coppernoll
Calico Canyon by Mary Connealy
One Perfect Day by Lauraine Snelling
Rain Song by Alice J. Wisler
Try Darkness by James Scott Bell
Sisterchicks Go Brit by Robin Jones Gunn
Love Starts with Elle by Rachel Hauck
My Soul to Keep by Melanie Wells
The Last Juror by John Grisham

NON-FICTION

Entire collection by Beth Moore
This set includes seven books – I read the entire set this year as part of my Bible study. Books in the set include: Believing God, A Heart Like His, Beloved Disciple, Breaking Free, To Live is Christ, Jesus the One and Only, When Godly People do Ungodly Things.

The God Who Pursues by Cecil Murphey

Now for a little housekeeping note:

Pix-N-Pens will be taking a few days off to enjoy this special season with family and friends. If this is your first time here, feel free to look around and read some of the awesome information already on site - it will keep you busy for hours!

Merry Christmas my friends. May the Lord be very present in all your celebrations, and may He pour out His spirit and power upon His people.

Be sure to tell everyone you know:

JESUS is the ONLY reason for this season!


post signature

No comments: