Contests Authors Book Reviews Photography Freelance Viewpoints
Editing Marketing Writing Prompts Photo Prompts Workshops Winners

Thursday, July 3, 2008

What do you have planned?

Since it's so quiet here on the blog - I'm hoping all of you are going to flood me with entries Saturday morning with photos and essays about your celebrations Friday night - I decided to post our plans for the weekend.

But before I do, a confession. (Yes, we've already determined July must be "Confession Month" because everyone seems to be doing it!) My confession: Each morning, after my Bible study, as I'm trying to wake up and warm up, I visit blogs. It keeps me "in the know" with the publishing industry, and with happenings in the lives of my friends. I am inspired, encouraged, and sometimes tickled so much I have to explain why I'm so hysterical. So today, I'm going to share with you some of this morning's reading:

You must read this thoughtful patriotic post by friend and fellow writer, Virginia Smith. Check it out on FaithChicks!

T. Suzanne Eller's post today - and for the past couple of days - cracked me up.

Over at Mary DeMuth's blog, I'm so enjoying her trip report - she and 12-year-old son Aidan just returned from Ghana. Aidan is working diligently to provide water for one of the villages over there - raising money, making people aware. Their journey - even before they left the U.S. - is tremendous. Inspiring!

There's always fun going on over at Kaye Dacus's blog - and she even has her own resident heckler (waving at Caleb!), so there's great interaction, too!

Boomer Babes Rock is always a happenin' spot, too.

Connie Pombo's blog always transports me somewhere - reading her posts are like a mini-vacation without ever leaving home. I can't explain why - possibly her fresh writing style, or beautiful photography. Or maybe it's her theme - which is my own personal motto - "Living Life Passionately." A treat with every visit.

A couple of weeks ago I attended a writer's conference a couple of hours from home. I got reacquainted with some writers I'd met once before, and made many new friends. One of the conference leaders is Cheryl Wray, and I discovered she has a blog, too.

And you've GOT to check out the giveaways and promotions on Tekeme Studios. They do BEAUTIFUL unique work, and have some GREAT prices for all sorts of graphic design - blogs, Web sites, business products like logos, business cards, postcards, and invitations.

Ok - that's enough blogs for now.

So what are you doing on the 4th?

We're going to see Tim's cousin perform in the Capitol Sounds concert band. They're performing at a river amphitheater, and we'll take in a picnic and watch fireworks after they perform. Since we normally stay home for a quiet celebration, I'm really looking forward to our outing.

As we go through the weekend, do me a favor. Thank a soldier - the freedoms we enjoy - and sometimes take for granted - would not be possible without the sacrifice of so many.

Send in your patriotic thoughts, memories, photos - I'll post them and you'll be registered to win a HUGE box of books at the end of July!

No comments: